The Grade II Listed Salisbury Pub was built in 1899 as part of the development of the Salisbury Estate. The pub, which was part of a six-storey red-brick block, includes an interior which has been listed by Historic England as a “historic pub interior of national importance” due to the quality and opulence of both the etched and polished glass and the carved woodwork.
Rosewood found the facade of the building in a particularly poor condition once the scaffolding had been erected, including failing cornices, string course, mullions, transoms and the complete erosion of the St Bees Red sandstone hood details on the roof. The building facade was cleaned with the Thermatech system to help expose further failings and allow us to carry out a full and concise survey. Further to the survey, we carried out extensive stone replacement works to the transoms and mullions, structural and in situ works to the cornices and string courses and detailed carvings were also performed. Roofing, joinery and decoration of the building were also completed.