No 3. Cleveland Row was built during 1905-06 and was designed by Frank T. Verity. The building is located opposite St. James’s Palace and Lancaster House. The designs were approved on the understanding that Verity’s facade would harmonise with the adjacent Alliance Assurance building and Bridgwater House. The building contains a semi-basement, four storeys, and a garret, with Portland stone fronts towards Cleveland Row and Little St. James’s Street. These are typical examples of Frank Verity’s urbane Parisian ‘maisons-de-luxe’ style.
The work Rosewood were appointed to undertake at the Sudanese Embassy included a Thermatech clean, joinery and decorations, the replacement of failing Portland Stone (with Banker masons used to carve the new stone on site) including ashlar panels, cornicing and dentils. A new asphalt flat roof was also installed to the rear.