St. Peter’s Church

Overview

Saint Peter’s Church was originally known as Saint Peter’s Highgate Hill. The church, which opened on 15th November 1874, was created out of the Parish of Saint John, Upper Holloway. In 1978, Saint Peter’s was united with Saint John’s to become the Parish of Saint Peter with Saint John, Upper Holloway.

Rosewood Ltd was instructed to complete the full restoration of the external façade of the church, which included the, Thermatech clean, removal and replacement of the Bath Stone cornices, hood moulds, string courses and buttresses, brick matching and replacement, the partial re-construction of the north-facing tower, following a structural engineer’s report which condemned 65% of the structure being unsafe, leaded glass replacement and lead replacement and installation of pediment capping’s and flashing details.

Facts

Category:Conservation, Ecclesiastical
Value:£350,000.00
Project Duration:26 weeks
Key deliverables:- Thermatech Clean
- Stone and Brick Carving and Replacement Work
- Structural Reinstatement and partial Re-Build of the North Tower
-
-
-
-
-
`