The brick and terracotta properties at 64-70 South Audley Street were built between 1891 and 1900 to replace existing housing. The architects appointed were T. Chatfield Clarke and Son, who had previously designed many of the buildings on Oxford Street. The new range had shops below with a Portland stone front and flats above with red-brick and pink terracotta in a very loose ‘Queen Anne’ style, including a tourelle at the corner with Aldford Street.
The building was extended between 1898 and 1900 to cover the remaining frontage to South Street. The architect was the junior partner, Howard Chatfield Clarke. He continued the design regularly and symmetrically, placing another tourelle at the corner with South Street.
Rosewood were appointed to undertake works at 64 – 70 South Audley Street that included Thermatech cleaning, replacement and in situ restoration of terracotta, brick replacement, installation of a new roof to the rear elevation, joinery and decorations.