The North Gate and Lodge of Kensington Palace Gardens, which acts as an entrance from Bayswater Road, was designed by Wyatt and Brandon in 1944, the architects responsible for designing most of the properties in this prestigious scheme. The original construction was undertaken by the well-known building firm of Thomas Grissell and Samuel Morton Peto. The Illustrated London News praised the ‘correct Italianate style’ of the lodge.
Rosewood were instructed to ensure the national monument was ready for the Queen’s Jubilee. Stone replacement and in situ works were carried out as well as the removal of two cartouches and replacement with new hand-carved stone to match the existing masonry. Decoration will commence on completion of the new stone installation. Works are ongoing.