The Grade II Listed mansion flats of 9, 9a and 9b Wilbraham Place were built in circa 1896 in a ‘Queen Anne’ style, although the architect is not known. They were built of red-brick with stuccoed dressings and twentieth century tiled roof with Westmorland slates and a stone finial on the corner turret. Each of the three buildings has a different elevational treatment but forms a unified composition.
Working with the client and directly with the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, Rosewood carried out sample works including Thermatech cleaning, carved Bath stone indents, in situ Bath stone premix repairs, liquid plastic roofing, lead detailing, timber splices and decorations. Further to agreeing all work details with the council and the client Rosewood carried out the full restoration of the external facade including stone indents and in situ works. A new liquid plastic roof was installed and a detailed lead dome and spire were replaced.